Monday, August 21, 2017

Naranjal - Week 11


La Caridad

We had an experience yesterday with a referral that came to us as a message from the zone leaders while we were in church. It said it was a family of 3 with 3 attendences that was attending in Palermo but they live in Naranjal. We went early to find the house and when the dad opened the door he was so surprised and happy to see us. The referral said it was a single father with two children ages 14 and 8, but when we got there we realized he was living together with his partner without being married. But they told us they were thinking about separating because they were having problems in their relationship. I had a work visit with the zone leaders earlier this week and after it I felt I need to show more charity. The next day I tried really hard to serve my companions by making their beds and making breakfast, and it made a difference! I felt a lot happier and united with them that day. So with this couple I shared with them Moroni 8 about charity. And they expressed desires to improve their relationship and serve each other more. I'm so grateful I had this experience. I know I followed the Spirit.

Today we had zone pday and we climbed a hill called Cerro Pro. It's right by the stake center in Los Olivos and I can tell you that now I understand how massive Lima is. We couldnt' see it all because of the fog, but we were surrounded by pure houses.

That's everything I think.

Elder Harris








No comments:

Post a Comment