Monday, September 11, 2017

Naranjal - Week 14


El dulce gozo

One of the best parts of this week was when one of our investigators got married and they invited us to eat Pollo a la Brasa with them to celebrate their marriage. Then his baptism was on Saturday and I had the privilege to baptize him. We have been working with him for more than 2 months, and I'm glad that he was able to make this step in his life. His wife is already a member, so now we are going to help them with their next goal: temple sealing. But Fredy is awesome, I'm pretty sure he will be a bishop or stake president someday.

One goal that I have made for this transfer is to read Jesus the Christ, and it's pretty great, I'm learning lots of stuff I never knew and it has strengthened my testimony a ton.

This week I have been thinking about repentance and the role that godly sorrow plays in repentance. I think sometimes our natural man doesn't want to go through the process of feeling bad or sorrow because of our actions, and sometimes that is what prevents us from repenting, the fear of feeling bad or appearing weak. But it's so important not to let that fear prevent us from going through the process, because like Alma said:

"Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."

The joy that comes after repentance is great.

Thanks everyone love you all

Elder Harris



Baptism of Fredy! (with his wife (member) and their two little girls)

FHE with the Tineo family!


No comments:

Post a Comment