Monday, April 23, 2018

Libertadores - Week 3


La sagrada silla de ruedas

Alma 38:8 I did cry unto him and I did find peace to my soul.

This week I have found a lot of comfort through personal prayer. It is the source of peace. One good experience we had this week is we were talking to one friend that we have who is Venezuelan. He is working to be able to bring his wife and kids here as well, but as we were in the street talking to him we saw a lady in a wheel chair trying to get off the curb but it was obvious that she was going to face plant it. So we hurried over there to help her and as we were helping her get to where she needed to go, my companion asked her where she got her wheelchair and I looked down and noticed that the chair had a logo that said the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I guess the church had donated the chair. So the next day we went to teach her with our ward mission leader and she has a ton of problems, but she showed desires to learn more about the gospel. Sadly, on the second visit she confessed that she participates in another church and didn't want us to visit her again and she gave back the Book of Bormon we had given her.

I love Peru and I love the mission, I hope everyone is striving to gain a closer relationship with the Savior.

Elder Harris

Fotos from the motertaxi ride to internet cafe




No comments:

Post a Comment