Monday, December 19, 2016

Pachacutec - Week 17

¿Quien subió el calentador?

It's been a hot week this week.  But we had a service project on Friday which was pretty fun.  It was for all 10 missionaries in Pachacutec and we made hot chocolate and brought paneton to a class in this school for special needs kids.  The special needs kids and their parents were there, and we sang Christmas songs, shared the Light the World Christmas video, and shared the message of the Plan of Salvation.

We also had a baptism this week.  The owner of our house, Arminda, was baptized.  She is 82 years old.  Missionaries have lived in this apartment for 2 years, I think, and I don't know if they have ever visited her.  Kind of interesting, but she received the message and the commandments and everything without problems. It was kind of a miracle.

One spiritual experience I had this week is I was teaching Alex, the son of my conversa Maria Huaracha, and he told me he didn't believe in God.  We talked and shared a few scriptures and he finally asked me why I believe in God.  And I was able to bear my testimony of the various things that I have felt and seen. Miracles that have happened in my life and that they only could be from God.  At the end of the lesson he got on his knees and asked God if he really exists.  It felt sincere, and I think he has changed a little bit hopefully.

Love you family,

Nos vemos en Navidad,

Elder Harris


Photos from our district service activity



Elder Harris and Elder Companion jaja

No comments:

Post a Comment