Monday, December 26, 2016

Pachacutec - Week 18

Cambie Pues

Feliz Navidad to everyone.  It's been a full week of hot chocolate and paneton here in Pachacutec.  Thursday we had the meeting with the whole mission which was really cool.  All 200 missionaries in the same chapel.  I got to see my trainer Elder Chalampuento as well.  Then Friday we had the Chocolatada with Maria Huaracha and I dressed up like Santa Clause for all the little kids.  Then on Saturday we helped Hermano Hisbis redo the roof on his house.  The houses here are cool, some of them are just little wooden sheds, but it works good for the climate here.

This week we've been teaching the families of our converts, part member families.  We are teaching Alex who is 18 years old (the son of Maria Huaracha). He played soccer with us today and he invited 3 of his friends, it was pretty fun.  And also the mother and the grandma of Patricia.  They are progressing and will be baptized in January, Berta and Alejandra.

We ate Christmas dinner 3 times... I was so full.  But it was sooo good.  The food in Peru is incredible.  They normally eat turkey or pork for Christmas.  We also had a ward talent show one night this week and we missionaries sang a christmas hymn with voices of trumpets.  We killed it.

I was really happy to talk to my family yesterday.  After the call I felt really relaxed and energized.  Ready to work.  The transfer is tonight...we will see what happens.  I think I'm going to stay here though.  This place is full people just waiting to hear the gospel. Pachacutec is the best area in the mission.

Elder Harris


The baptism of Arminda!  She lives below us.  Her daughter and granddaughter are also in the picture.


Christmas Dinner!  In the back is my Pensionista, Maria Teresa, and her two sons, Jan Carlos and Luis Angel.  Also Elder Sanabria and Elder Mamani were with us.



Christmas Dinner number 2 with the Alfaro Family!  Maguin and Rosario and their three kids: Maguin Jr., Johana, and Samira.

With Elder Sanabria.  We played football today.

Elder Harris as Santa Clause at an activity with the kids.




Cool Pics of the Ocean

Elder Poma and the Ocean

Skyping with my family and my brother that is serving in the Fiji Suva Mission.  My brother goes home on December 31st.

Mission Christmas Party!  Left to Right: Elder Sanabria, Elder Mamani, Elder Arroyo, Elder Bravo, Elder Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment