Monday, July 10, 2017

Naranjal - Week 5


Que podrìa titular esta carta

One experience this week was when we were doing a finding activity called singing hymns. We were walking down the street when we saw a man sitting down on the sidewalk reading a paper. We crossed the street and said hey can we sing a hymn for you? He looked up and said sure; my favorite is number 41 (Grande Eres Tu). We were kind of surprised but we still sang it. When we finished I looked at his face and there were tears coming out of his eyes. He told us that he lived in Comas (Lima North Mission) but he was a less active member. He said when we sang the hymn it reminded him of when the first missionaries taught him the gospel and of his conversion. He told us he wanted to return to the church, and he committed to go to church this Sunday. I remember that day ended up being a long day where we were just walking all day, but that experience gave my companion and I animo that helped us through the day. And I know that if we follow the spirit we are going to have spiritual experiences.

Another thing that happened this week is Brad Wilcox (writer and professor at BYU) I guess is friends with my Mission President, and he did a fireside for 3 stakes in my mission: Los Olivos, Prolima, and Palmeras. The purpose was to find new investigators. Members brought their friends and family that weren't members (to give as referrals to the missionaries) and we as missionaries brought investigators. He talked for about an hour about the subject: What do I gain by being Mormon? He was hilarious and has a heavy Chilean accent (he served as a mission president there). But it was awesome, we had some referrals given to us. And at the beginning all the missionaries in the 3 zones got up and sang Nearer my God to thee which was pretty cool.



Work visit with Elder Cardenas from COLOMBIA...està colocho...


My comp took this right before we came to the internet cafè. In Avenida San Josè.


My desk. Don't ask questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment