Monday, February 12, 2018

Paramonga - Week 17


Las llaves del sacerdocio

One thing I've learned on the mission is the importance of priesthood keys. Every one of us has priesthood leaders who hold priesthood keys. Those keys are real rights to revelation and authority. A priesthood leader with keys has the right to receive revelation for those who are in his mayordomía (you'll have to google translate it, I don't remember the word in English guys). Anyways, as a missionary the person that has keys is the mission president. I can do this work how I want to do it or I can do it following ALL of the suggestions and revelations of my mission president. That is the way to have success. I feel that if we could all maybe understand more of that concept we would be more united as families, quorums, wards, stakes, and missions.

One phrase of the soul this week was 1 Nefi 22:17 ''los justos no tienen por qué temer.'' That phrase hit me because it made me realize that as long as I am striving to be obedient, repenting often, and striving to fulfill my purpose I won't need to have fear. I will never need to be scared of what my leaders tell me, I won't need to be scared that my investigators might not progress. Instead of having fear for those things, the righteous look at everything with faith centered in Christ. So that's what I'm going to do this week. I'm not going to have fear that we will end February without baptizing, I'm just going to trust in Christ and work hard to make it happen. Our plan is we have a list of 7 investigators with 3 insacs, and 4 potential casos especiales, we are going to pass for all of them today and tomorrow and, with a lot of faith, teach them the doctrine of Christ, resolve their doubts and invite them to be baptized the 24th of February.

One experience we had yesterday was we found and taught Ruben, when we sat down we noticed he was working on his laptop and the inspiration came right then about how we should share the first vision. We watched the 6 minute video Ask of God. We also read the page in the Restoration pamphlet about the Book of Mormon and Ruben understood perfectly what he needed to do to find out if our message was true. He committed to go to church and talk to his pair about marriage.

Sorry no pictures,

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment