Monday, April 17, 2017

Los Alamos - Week 10


La Pascua

Bueno, aqui estamos.

My dad asked me how they celebrate Easter in Peru, so I guess I will answer. Here they call it Holy Week. And I've heard some interesting stuff, one of my investigators was really bothered on Friday because people were listening to music. She told us that after 3 pm you can't listen to music to respect the death of Jesus. And she also told us that on Friday and Saturday the only type of meat that you can eat is fish. I don't know if everyone celebrates it like that, but she did. Also, Friday is like a national holiday or something so very few people work (which helped us find more people to teach) but it also made the bus system raise their prices because less people were using the buses. I haven't seen anything commercialized about the easter bunny or anything like that. But one member did give us a chocolate easter egg.

This week we had interviews with President, and on Saturday we had another baptism of Marcos. He is super shy, but he has a good heart. I'm really happy that the young single adults in our ward have really accepted him into their group and made him feel at home, because he really needs some good friends, and the YSA in our ward always has activities like volleyball and other stuff planning during the week, so it will be good.

One experience I had this week was with a new person that we found yesterday. The thought came into my head to use the example of a cobrador (money collector person) in a bus to explain the priesthood. Because he has the authority to collect money, and no one else can do it. And then it tied right in to the great apostasy because if their aren't money collectors the bus business shuts down. But after a certain time, when the bus business hires another money collector, they can start picking up passengers again. It worked out really good because the guy, Jorge, works as a cobrador. I know that thought came from the Spirit and I'm glad I listened. He committed to be baptized.

For this Saturday we have another baptism.

Today for P-day we played soccer and after ate pizza as a district.

Congratulations to Uncle Nate for getting married.

Thanks everyone,

Elder Jarom Riley Harris


Marcos Arancibia tiene 25 años y tiene muchas ganas para seguir a Cristo entonces se bautizó. Le encontramos por una referencia de un miembro.

No comments:

Post a Comment