Monday, November 27, 2017

Paramonga - Week 6


Cumpleaños

Well this week was interesting. We went back to Lima on Tuesday as a zone for zone conference. How my president does zone conferences is we have a meeting once a transfer but it's a combined zone conference with 6 zones in total. So half the mission basically. The meeting was really short, only 8 hours. But it was really good, the main topic was Faith to Work Miracles. I know that the church leaders really want us to be successful and they want us to have a fullness of joy as we help others to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. We got back to Barranca at 10:30 so we had to sleep with our District Leader and we got back to Paramonga the next morning.

I had an experience on Sunday that really impacted me. I don't know why but my experiences always happen on Sunday night, right when the week ends and the next day is P day. But anyways, we were searching for some new people to teach and my comp told me there was a part member family 2 blocks away. So we went to see if we could make anything interesting happen and a guy came out and said sorry can you guys come another day? We are having a birthday party. I was feeling a little confident so I made a joke and asked if we were invited to the party. He said he would go consult with the rest of them and when he returned he said we could come in. We came in and the house was full of people, visitors and other family members from Barranca. And we realized that they were waiting for us to share our message with them. It was kind of nerve wracking sitting there with about 15 people listening to us. But we shared the message of the restoration and invited them to be baptized, and about four of them accepted the invitation to be baptized if they receive an answer to their prayers. Wow. And after all that they didn't even give us cake! 


Elder Arenas from Colombia and Elder Bates from Spanish Fork and my companion coming home from Lima



No comments:

Post a Comment