Monday, December 18, 2017

Paramonga - Week 9


El Intento de una Carta más Largo

Yeah so one thing that I've learned here in my time in the mission field is the importance of setting goals and making plans to achieve those goals. When I started my mission I thought it was such a waste of time, but now I feel like I wouldn't be able to achieve anything without those two important tools: goals and plans. Because the truth is we all have desires to do good things in our lives, but if we specify those good visions into specific achievable things, we will be able to achieve a lot more.

My mission president always says that numbers represent souls. And when we see more souls live the gospel of Jesus Christ we come to feel joy. But not just joy. The fullness of joy. And our fullness of joy increases every time that we help one more person live the gospel of Christ through repentance and baptism.

In our mission we have a yearly baptismal goal. One year ago President Stauffer said it's time that we have a larger vision, and he raised the goal of 2016 by 100 for 2017. We all thought wow that is a super high goal, but we worked with faith and yesterday the mission achieved that goal of 100 more souls than last year. And I'm sure that he is going to raise the goal even more for 2018.

But I have felt my faith increase as I have learned to set high goals and confide in the Spirit to guide me in how I can reach those goals. And I have also come to realize that after it is all over, the success that we have isn't always necessarily if we achieve the goal or not, but success is if I have become more spiritually mature by carrying out my plans.

And well I think this time of year is a good time to analyze our spiritual progress and formulate some good goals and plans so that we can keep showing our efforts in becoming more like Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and He loves us. We celebrate His birth because we understand and we have FELT the power of His sacrifice in our lives.

Thanks everyone,

Elder Harris


Work visit with Elder Ethan Pond from Washington


Baptism of Stefany


Evidence that Elder Quispe always has a smile on his face, even when he is camera shy

No comments:

Post a Comment