Monday, March 19, 2018

Paramonga - Week 22

Regaton

In the last year and 8 months my taste of music has really adapted. As missionaries we aren't allowed to listen to worldly music but sometimes it just happens. For example, right now I am in an internet cafe and the guy 3 computers to the right is blasting some good regaton. The music they listen to here is awesome, from combia to salsa. I don't get why we don't listen to it much in the states.

Yesterday we passed by a family that is investigating the church and they said they were busy because the sons were doing homework, we offered to help and for the next half hour I was sweating trying to remember all the math that I forgot in the last year and 8 months. I'm excited to get back to studying, I'm sure I will study either civil or electrical engineering. I'm torn between the two, but don't worry I'm not thinking about it too much ;)

This week we had a baptism of Juliano. It was great seeing him really be able to understand faith and repentance. And he asked the gringo to baptize him ha.  He was really nervous to share his feelings after the baptism but he managed to say a few things, then he said in a loud voice Yo sé que la salvación viene por Jesucristo. (I know that salvation is only possible through Jesus Christ). When he said that I really felt the spirit. I'm grateful we were able to progress and show true charity to this man. I know that it's because of those changes that we have been able to help him become a convert.

This week one recent convert in our ward returned from traveling to Italy for work. We hadn't known him before so it was cool hearing his story about he found the missionaries and how he came to live the gospel. He asked us if we could teach his 19 year old brother. The next day we came back and found Moshei, his brother. And the lesson with him was awesome. He was so excited about everything we taught from Jose Smith to the Book of Mormon. He came to church with his brother this week as well.

This week we also saw some people carrying bricks up a hill to a house that they were constructing so we helped them. By the time we ended our white shirts were orange, but they thanked us by giving us dinner! And they also said that we were true Christians and real disciple of Christ.

Es Todo

Gracias

Elder Harris

Misión Perú Lima Oeste





No comments:

Post a Comment