Monday, October 3, 2016

Pachacutec - Week 6

Huancaina Salsa

So General Conference, we watched it at the chapel with everyone else.  For multiple reasons I was only able to watch the first two sessions on Saturday in English, and the rest in Spanish.  (I just watched it in the clerk's office with Elder Quesne.)  But the others were in Spanish and it was a bit harder to understand but still buenaso.

Elder Chalampuento is such a good missionary.  I am so blessed to have a good trainer.  I've talked with other missionaries in my group, and it seems that not all the trainers are as good as mine.  I've learned a ton from him.

So I forgot to mention this in my last couple emails but a while back we had a general authority visit the mission, Elder Montoya of the Seventy.  We went to the Prolima Stake Center to receive this training with 4 other zones, Barranca, Huacho, Hural, and Puente Piedra.  It was way good, he is the same general authority who spoke in the CCM.

One of my questions for General Conference was how can I make my prayers more powerful?  And like wow...there were 2 awesome talks in the Saturday morning session about prayer.  That night when we went back to our house I felt so grateful that the Lord has answered my question, I prayed and petitioned Him to help me express my feelings of the gospel in our lessons (because this has been a frustration of this week, not having the wording to express sufficiently in Spanish). And the next day, on Sunday, we taught a new convert the Plan of Salvation.  And my companion spoke less in that lesson than any other before.  I was able to explain my feelings about the Atonement sufficiently.  It was amazing.  I know the Lord answers prayers, and I know when we sincerely ask, we shall receive.

I love being a missionary

Elder Harris

We climbed a hill for P-day with a member whose name is Martin





Pollo a la Brasa! We ordered a whole chicken to celebrate general conference. Yes Inca Kola, Yes papas fritas, que rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment