Monday, February 27, 2017

Los Alamos - Week 3


Con Sueño

Well we had a baptism this week. He is an 11 year old kid named Sebastian, and he was one of the investigators that the other missionaries that were here left for us. He was really excited to get baptized, and to get the priesthood in a few months so that he can pass out the sacrament.

This week we also did a service project for this lady that lives up on the hill in her little house of wood. And I guess what happened is a motorcycle taxi was driving on the road above her house and fell and knocked part of the house over, so we rebuilt it and the roof and everything. It was fun working with the Elders Quorum there.

For me, the Book of Mormon is everything. For me, if I have an investigator that reads at least one chapter of the Book of Mormon between the first visit and the second visit, they are going to get baptized for sure. The Book of Mormon makes an investigator a convert. I know that if an investigator becomes an investigator of the Book of Mormon (just like we as missionaries are missionaries of the Book of Mormon) they are going to be faithful and active members of the church for the rest of their lives. Right in the moment when they stop reading the Book of Mormon is when they are going to go inactive. But it's more than just read it, they have to read it with an intent to learn. For me the Book of Mormon is the key to conversion because the only thing that stops conversion is DOUBT. And the Book of Mormon can resolve ALL of the DOUBTS that the people might have if they diligently search for their ANSWERS to their doubts. I know that because I've had the Book of Mormon respond to a lot of doubts that I have had in the past.

I'm really grateful that Preach My Gospel chapter 6 talks about the attributes of Christ. It's so cool to see how in the mission and in life things start to go bad when we lack one or some of these attributes. For me this week, my weakness has been patience. Having a companion that is a new missionary can be really hard sometimes. And to be honest a lot of times I don't know what to do, what to say, or how to help him. But with patience and faith everything turns out alright. I have learned so much from my companion and I know that our companionship was organized by revelation that our mission president received.

Thanks for everything guys, sorry no pictures this week!  But don't be sad! I'll have pictures next week!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment