Monday, January 15, 2018

Paramonga - Week 13


¿Que de nuevo?

Well this last week was transfers, I'm staying here in Paramonga with Elder Quispe, the only thing they changed was they divided our district in half so now our district is just our companionship and the sisters in Limoncillo (one of the three wards in Barranca). I think the whole mission now only has districts of 2 or 3 companionships.

This week we taught an interesting guy named Santiago who is Evangelical (there are a ton of evangelical churches in Peru and they are kind of extremists, like it's against their rules to play sports or dance) and I was kind of thinking that the lesson wasn't going to go anywhere, but my companion used an awesome example explaining the authority of the priesthood. He compared baptism to an ID card. Only the government can give out authorized ID cards. If you buy an ID card from someone on the street, and then the police pull you over and ask for your ID card, they are going to tell you it's not authentic. And it's the same with baptism. When my comp explained it like that, Santiago said well I guess it's possible that I have a false baptism, I'm going to ask God and I know that he will tell me if it's false or not. Elder Quispe teaches with simpleness and clarity, he´s awesome.

Another experience we had was with an investigator that had her baptismal date for last Saturday, but she called us on Thursday and said she changed her mind and didn't want to be baptized anymore because of a lame excuse. We went to her house and listened to what she had to say and we were there for like 2 hours listening to her and trying to help her see reason, but at the end she just lost her desire to follow Christ, well she said that she will follow Christ IN HER OWN WAY but her way doesn't include baptism. But we are going to keep encouraging her, maybe she will do it this week.

This week we also had a skype call with President Stauffer where he talked to the Barranca and Huacho zones. We did it in the stake center and he gave us a training about prayer which has changed the way I say my personal prayers.

I didn't have a picture to send this week so I took this one while we were walking to the internet cafe. No me quemen.

Elder Harris, el Paramonguino


No comments:

Post a Comment