Monday, January 29, 2018

Paramonga - Week 15


Hermanos y Hermanas

One thing that I was thinking about this week is the fact that we are all spiritual children of one Heavenly Father, so we are all brothers and sisters. One of the missionary commandments is we always address other people with the title Brother or Sister followed by their name, but in Spanish its more excessive. Because even if we don't know their name yet we still say Hermano or Hermana. For example a contact in the street translated in English would be.

Elder Harris: Hello Brother! Good afternoon! How are you, brother? Brother, we want to share a message with you that will help you be happier and feel more peace in your life. What is your name, brother?

I don't know if I'm just forgetting English but that sounds really weird when you put it in English. And anyway I was just thinking that if we are all really brothers and sisters, why don't we treat others with the same amount of love, understanding, and trust as our literal brothers and sisters. I tried applying that this week with my companion, with my investigators and with other missionaries and I was able to see the relationship that we had get better. I think it's an important principle that maybe we forget sometimes.

This week we taught Steven during the second hour of sacrament meeting, he just turned 18 and he has come to church off and on for 3 years. We taught him the plan of salvation and we really felt the spirit when my companion and I testified of the Atonement. He understood everything and even said that he felt prepared to be baptized, but his doubt is whether this is God's church or not. But we have plans to help him gain that testimony this week.

The sisters in Limoncillo had a baptism this week and the sister that got baptized asked me to baptize them.

We explored a little of area today and went to the anexos lejanos of our area.

Love you all

Elder Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment