Monday, April 9, 2018

Libertadores - Week 1

Back in the Labyrinth

Well I was transferred. My six months in Paramonga were fantastic. I think I grew a little bit in that area and I learned a lot about how to conquer my weaknesses. I honestly felt sad leaving because of the relationships that we had made with the members and converts. But now I'm in a new chapter of the mission. I am now in the Libertadores Ward, El Trebol Stake. This is the zone closest to the center of Lima in our mission so I went from one end of the mission to the other. My area is similar to Naranjal (my third area) but it's a little smaller here and a little more developed. My area is part of the district San Martin de Porres.

My companion is Elder Zevallos, he is from Moquegua, Peru (it's in the south part of Peru). And he just finished his training or in other words he has been on his mission 3 months. But he is 24 years old. He is really excited about the work.

My whole mission I've heard that the Trebol Zone is just full of rich people and it's difficult to help them accept the restored gospel, but in the last few months the area where I'm at has had exceptional success thanks to member referrals. 

Picture of my pensionista and her husband in Paramonga eating soup.

There is nothing better than arriving to an area on Wednesday and having a baptism on Saturday.

Elder Harris





No comments:

Post a Comment