Monday, April 16, 2018

Libertadores - Week 2


I found a cello in Peru :D

So this week was excellent. I'm starting to get to know my area, I think it's the smallest of my 5 areas, but it's still big. We are pretty close to the airport so we see airplanes flying low all the time..... The ward here is a lot different from Paramonga, the church is better established here in Lima because the members are really strong in the gospel. Our ward mission leader is a recent RM who served in Colombia and it's cool because he always comes with us with important appointments.

This week we had planned to leave with a member of the ward who has had a lot of time here and knows a lot of people. Our focus was to go out and have him show us the houses of former investigators that the missionaries had stopped teaching. He was really excited about it, so we went to his house to pick him up at the indicated time. When we got there he asked if we could wait 15 minutes because he was washing his clothes. We agreed, but I remember feeling a little impatient and bothered that we were going to waste time waiting for him. When he finished we stepped out of the house right when an elderly man was passing by. The member stopped the man and introduced him to us. An hour later we were leaving the members house again, but this time with a new investigator with a baptismal goal. That experience really made me think about my attitude. Patience is important, but more important is doing what the Lord wants us to do in the precise moment when we need to do it.

There is a member in our area that plays the cello and she let me play it.

The other picture is of our district.

Elder Harris






No comments:

Post a Comment