Monday, March 13, 2017

Los Alamos - Week 5


Me Atrevo

It's been a really good week, I'm loving life here in Ventanilla Alta in the Àlamos Ward. We were able to find a lot of people to teach this week, but all of them have been thanks to members. References from members almost always turn out to be wonderful investigators.

Our mission is putting an emphasis on teaching with power with two important principles: the Restoration and the Atonement. We had a multi zone conference where we did a bunch of practices and I learned so much it was awesome.

I know that you guys want details but I don't know what to write. Everything is normal now. The two years is passing by fassttt, I'm almost half way done. We are working with a few families that have such strong testimonies of the Gospel but they just aren't married, it is so frustrating.

One thing that I learned from my zone leader, Elder Chavez from Chile. He is kind of crazy, but he taught us something interesting. Here in my mission we almost always set a baptismal date in the first lesson, but it's almost always at the end of the lesson. But he showed us 3 Nephi 11, when Jesus comes to Peru and gives the power to baptize to Nephi. And he immediately teaches the principle of baptism to his disciples. Elder Chavez told us that he sets the baptismal date before the opening prayer in the first visit with people. I've tried implementing that in my lessons, and it really works when the spirit is there.

Love you guys

Left to right: Elder Bryce, Me, Elder Viera, Elder Poma (my previous comp who goes home on Sunday), Elder Cheney (the son of Elder Poma), Elder Landa, (the grandson of Elder Poma and the son of Elder Cheney)



So at home we sometimes build houses with unfinished basements. Here they build houses with unfinished 2nd floors. This is what's above our apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment