Monday, March 27, 2017

Los Alamos - Week 7

White is Wonderful


I've always wanted to baptize a family that is able to progress toward the temple sealing and this week we had the baptism of the Obregon Family. The husband was a less active member, but I have seen a lot of change in him since we have been visiting them. He was able to baptize his family, which was something that I will never forget. I know that the wife, Sara, was guided by the spirit to make the decision to be baptized and it wasn't just getting baptized because her husband is a member. She said that one morning she woke up and it dawned on her that she needed to do it. They really are a great family and they are going to be a great addition to the ward here in Los Alamos. 

It's interesting how every conversion is different. Every baptism that I have had on my mission has been a different experience. Sometimes we as missionaries have to put a lot in to help our investigators. But other times it's almost like they walk right into the water without needing any pushing or shoving. I feel like that's how it was with Sara and Manuel, they were prepared and waiting for us.

This transfer a bunch of new missionaries came to the mission (they are all Latinos) and so there are 7 companionships in the Ventanilla Zone and 5 have new missionaries. It's always fun when new missionaries come, it gives a new spirit and excitement to the work.

I'm doing great here! I really don't know much about the floods, the only stuff I know is from what people say in the street and what I hear from members. But I'm safe where I am at.

Have a great week everyone!

con buen animo...y mucho y gran cuidado


Elder Harris

The Obregon Family

No comments:

Post a Comment