Monday, May 8, 2017

Los Alamos - Week 13


Mayo My

This week has been interesting. No I didn't have transfers and my companion didn't have transfers either. The Lord has things the we still need to learn from one another, and we have more work to do here in this area before we leave.

During the week we were contacting like crazy and the coming day we always had a ton of appointments all planned out. But for some reason every appointment fell for like 3 days straight. It was a trial. We woke up Saturday morning with 0 nuevos. I felt like a failure, I felt stress, I felt like I was doing something wrong but I didn't know what it was. We found one of our investigators drunk one morning as we were going to teach her the word of wisdom, another investigator suddenly traveled to Chiclayo for a week, and with another we had a 2 hour lesson and after teaching him all the commandments (and he accepted them all) told us that we will not be baptized for personal reasons and he refuses to tell us what they are. But Saturday in the morning, Elder Viera (before we started planning) wrote in my agenda the goal of 5 nuevos. I know that he was told by the Spirit to do that because Saturday we found two families that are so prepared and are going to make June a good month. We ended the day with 5 nuevos.

Then we had a miracle happen on Sunday. There was a woman with her son that attended church and they said they were visiting from Iquitos (the jungle part of Peru). They were visiting their sister that is a member of the church and staying with her. We went to their house and they told us that they were listening to the missionaries in Iquitos and they were just about to be baptized when they had to come to Lima. We felt like they were prepared so we invited them to be baptized this Saturday. And they accepted. I know that miracles happen for a reason, and I'm happy knowing that the Lord trusted in us to give us this miracle. I know He lives and that He loves us more than we can imagine.

Thanks guys have a good week.

Read the Book of Mormon everyday.

Elder Harris

Third transfer together in LOS ALAMOS

No comments:

Post a Comment